Seddon Construction – Rugby Ambulance Station, Brownsover Lane
Demolition & associated works:
- This project consisted of the establishment of welfare facilities, method statements, site documentation, plans of work.
- The supply & erection of 2.4m high hoarding to the complete site boundary to prevent any unauthorised access from the general public during the demolition & associated works.
- To carry out protection works/fencing/exclusion zones to EE Mast tower directly adjacent to ambulance station.
- To carry out the controlled removal of asbestos based materials highlighted within demolition/refurbishment asbestos report issued and dispose of in accordance with current regulations.
- To carry out the initial soft strip exercise and removal of all fixtures within the building structures and disposed of off site to various recycling stations. dust suppression via dust busters used during these works during the soft strip process/demolition.
- To carry out the demolition of former ambulance station down to floor slab level, all non – crushable arising removed offsite to various recycling stations and crush all crushable brick/concrete material to a 6F2 specification and stockpiled on site for clients re-use.
- To break up and excavate floor slab/hardstanding to a depth of 1.5m to ambulance station footprints removal of all non – crushable arising’s to be removed offsite to various recycling stations and crush all brick/concrete material to a 6F2 specification to be stockpiled on site for clients re-use.
- To grade up site to adjacent levels track in site leaving free from debris and hazards such as trips or falls.