Former Student Accommodation, Nottingham Trent University, Nottinghamshire.
Site Address: Former Student Accommodation Block, Nottingham Trent University, Nottingham.
Construction of Buildings: This site comprised of two storey clasp buildings used as class rooms at the Bracken Hurst Campus University.
Program: 14 Weeks
This project consisted of the establishment of welfare facilities, method statements, site documentation, plan of work, exclusion zone heras fencing and acting as Principal Contractor for the demolition works package.
- Dilapidation Surveys to All Roads/Footpaths and Adjacent areas.
- Dust suppression measures and debris protection systems overall to protect live university, surrounding areas, car park and other public areas from dust/debris produced from demolition works.
- Vibration and noise monitoring systems were utilised during the works due to close proximity Live University campus environment/car park and heavily pedestrianised areas.
- Supply of labour and resource in order to carry out the controlled removal of asbestos based materials highlighted within the asbestos reports issued and dispose of in accordance with current regulations, consignment notes for each load issued to client on completion.
- Carried out a soft strip exercise to the former university and disposing of all fixtures and fittings within the building premises offsite to local recycling stations.
- Demolition of all building structures down to ground floor slab level.
- Break up and excavate ground floor slabs, hard standing areas to a depth of 2.0m and foundations to each of the buildings footprint.
- Processed and separated materials arising from demolition, all non-crushable arising’s were processed and segregated into masonry and rubbish to various recycling stations.
- All brick/concrete arising materials were removed from site to various recycling stations.
- Graded up site to adjacent levels track in site leaving free from debris and hazards such as trips or falls.
City Demolition were professional & efficient throughout in the demolition of our site. Fully recommended!
– Managing Director