St. Catherine’s Court & 29 Homer Road, Solihull, West Midlands.
Construction of Buildings: This project consisted of 2 buildings on the site, one being a 1980’s 3 storey office structure and basement area with external hardstanding carpark area, the other being a detached 2 storey house. The buildings were demolished ready for the construction of a new Waitrose store.
Program: 6 Weeks
This contract consisted of the establishment of welfare facilities, site management and the supply & erection of 2.4m high timber hoarding to the complete site boundary to prevent any unauthorised access from the general public.
- Carried out full dilapidation survey to all areas prior to demolition works commencing.
- Co-ordinate & isolate the disconnection of various services located onsite in order for us proceed with the demolition works.
- Supply of labour and resource in order to carry out the controlled removal of asbestos based materials highlighted within the asbestos reports issued and dispose of in accordance with current regulations, consignment notes for each load issued to client on completion.
- Carried out a soft strip exercise to the former house & office building and disposing of all fixtures and fittings within the building premises offsite to local recycling stations.
- Dismantle/demolition of former house & office building down to floor slab level, all non-crushable arising’s to be removed offsite to various recycling stations.
- Broke up and excavate ground floor slabs/hard standings and foundations to the depth of 1.5m and dispose of off-site all non-crushable demolition arising’s to various recycling stations.
- Crushed all brick/concrete arising material to a 6f2 specification and stockpile onsite for clients re-use.
- Graded up site to adjacent levels track in site leaving free from debris and hazards such as trips or falls.
City Demolition were professional & efficient throughout in the demolition of our site. Fully recommended!
– Thorntons, Managing Director