The Leisure Box, Birmingham City Centre.
Site Address: Former Leisure Box & Silver Blades, Pershore Street, Birmingham.
Construction of Buildings: The site is made up of former ice rink building structure based in the centre of Birmingham city centre directly opposite Birmingham whole sale markets.
Program: 18 weeks
This project consisted of the establishment of welfare facilities, method statements, site documentation, plan of work, exclusion zone heras fencing and acting as Principal Contractor for the demolition works package.
- Building structure was situated within a highly populated city centre environment with Birmingham markets directly to the side of site with and also various residential flats and Travel lodge within close proximity of the works being carried out.
- Apply for temporary road closures to the rear of site for compound/exclusion zone area for works to commence onsite.
- Supply and erect 2.4m high timber hoarding to the frontage/rear of the site boundary to prevent access from the general public during the works.
- Carried out full dilapidation survey to all areas prior to demolition works commencing.
- Protection works to live electrical sub-station that feeds adjacent areas/ Birmingham markets throughout the works which was directly located within the building being demolished. Liaising Directly with Western power for the duration of the works.
- Co-ordination for all service disconnections prior to works commencing to former building structure in accordance with current regulations.
- Controlled removal/disposal of asbestos based materials located within building structures highlighted in demolition/refurbishment asbestos surveys issued in accordance with current regulations.
- Initial soft strip exercise and removal of all fixtures and fittings within the building structures and disposed of off-site to various recycling stations.
- Controlled removal/disposal of former oil tanks and contents offsite in accordance with current regulations.
- To supply and erect full working scaffolding to the frontage of the building structure in order to allow safe working access to top in by hand works in accordance with current regulations.
- Supplied labour & resource in order to top down building structure by hand working off the full working scaffolding in order to be reduced down to a safe working height so remote demolition operation can be carried out.
- Demolition and site clearance of Former Leisure Box building via high reach excavators down to floor slab level. All arising material was removed offsite to various recycling stations.
- Temporary weather proofing and installation of steel works to live sub-station.
- Return to site and carry out the crushing of all brick/concrete arising material to a 6f2 specification which is to be used as a piling matt for construction works due to commence.
- Graded up site track in/leaving site free from hazards such as trips or falls.
City Demolition were professional & efficient throughout in the demolition of our site. Fully recommended!
– The Leisure Box, Managing Director