Former Tesco Superstore & Petrol Station, Bicester, Oxfordshire.
Site Address: Former Tesco superstore & petrol station, Bicester, Oxfordshire.
Construction of Buildings: The site consisted of demolition & site clearance to a Former Tesco super store with adjacent Tesco petrol filing station in preparation for the expansion of Bicester village designer shopping outlet.
Program: 8 Weeks
This project consisted of the establishment of welfare facilities, method statements, site documentation, plan of work, exclusion zone heras fencing and acting as Principal Contractor for the demolition works package.
- Co-ordinate & isolate the disconnection of various services located onsite in order for us proceed with the demolition works.
- Vibration and noise monitoring systems were utilised during the works due to close proximity of Live Shopping outlet known as Bicester Village.
- Dust suppression measures and debris protection systems overall to protect existing shopping outlet, car park and other public areas from dust/debris produced from demolition works.
- Carried out full dilapidation survey to all areas prior to demolition works commencing.
- Carried out a soft strip exercise to the Former Tesco & kiosk building and disposing of all fixtures and fittings within the building premises offsite to local recycling stations.
- Demolition of building structures of all building structures known as The Former Tesco building store & petrol station shop kiosk.
- Break up and excavate ground floor slabs, hard standing areas to a depth of 2.0m and foundations to each of the buildings footprint.
- Processed and separated materials arising from demolition, all non-crushable arising’s were processed and segregated into masonry and rubbish to various recycling stations.
- Processed and crushed all brick and concrete materials to a 6F2 specification and stockpiled on site for client to re-use.
- Graded up site to adjacent levels track in site leaving free from debris and hazards such as trips or falls.
City Demolition were professional & efficient throughout in the demolition of our site. Fully recommended!
– Managing Director