Former Police Station Holland House, Cheltenham.
Site Address: Holland House, Former Police HQ, Lansdowne Road, Cheltenham.
Construction of Buildings:
Holland House: 5 storey concrete frame with stone cladding plus basement throughout and flat roof
Holland House Annexe: mainly 3 storey, part 2 storey concrete frame with masonry panels and pitched roof
Talbot House: Mainly 4 storey concrete frame with masonry panels and pitched roof, plus single storey annexes and area of basement to the south west boundary is a block of single storey garages of masonry construction with concrete slab roof.
Program: 22 weeks
This project consisted of the establishment of welfare facilities, method statements, site documentation, plans of work, exclusion zone heras fencing for segregation of each area during the demolition & associated works.
- The site is a former Police Station HQ comprising 3 main buildings;
- To supply and erect 2.4m high timber hoarding to the boundary with 5m wide gate for access/egress.
- The works were located within a busy residential environment with live houses, businesses and a LIVE police station adjacent to the works with tight access restrictions in and out of site.
- Carried out full dilapidation survey to all areas prior to demolition works commencing.
- Co-ordinate the isolation/disconnection of live incoming services prior to works commencing.
- Controlled removal/disposal of asbestos based materials located within building structures highlighted in demolition/refurbishment asbestos surveys issued in accordance with current regulations.
- Initial soft strip exercise and removal of all fixtures and fittings within the building structures and disposed of off-site to various recycling stations.
- Demolition and site clearance of Former Police HQ down to floor slab level. All non-crushable arising material to be disposed offsite to various recycling stations.
- Broke up and excavate ground floor slabs/hard standings and foundations and bases to the depth of 3.0m and dispose of off-site all demolition non-crushable arising’s to various recycling stations.
- Imported to site mobile crushers in order for all brick/concrete arising material from the demolition works to be processed and crushed to a 6f2 specification and left onsite amount required for client re-use.
- Graded up site to adjacent levels leaving site free from hazards such as trips or falls.
City Demolition were professional & efficient throughout in the demolition of our site. Fully recommended!
– Managing Director