Former Rolls Royce, Hall Green, Birmingham.
Site Address: Rolls-Royce Controls, York Road, Hall Green, Birmingham.
Construction of Buildings: The site consisted of a former Rolls-Royce 2 storey manufacturing building, 42 porta-cabin offices which were adjacent to a live railway line and a single storey outbuilding which included a below ground boiler room.
Program: 11 Weeks
This project consisted of the establishment of welfare facilities, method statements, site documentation, plan of work, exclusion zone heras fencing and acting as Principal Contractor for the demolition works package.
- Dilapidation Surveys to All Roads/Footpaths and Adjacent areas.
- Vibration and noise monitoring systems were utilised during the works due to close proximity Live Railway/Culvert & surrounding houses.
- Dust suppression measures and debris protection systems overall to protect surrounding areas, car park and other public areas from dust/debris produced from demolition works.
- To carry out the Licensable Asbestos Removal & Disposal as highlighted within Demolition/Refurbishment asbestos surveys issued.
- Carried out a soft strip exercise to the Rolls Royce Site and disposing of all fixtures and fittings within the building premises offsite to local recycling stations.
- Strip out Portakabin structure & prepare for removal & re-use.
- Demolition of Main Building down to Ground Floor Slab Level.
- Demolition of Faraday Building down to Ground Floor Slab Level.
- Hand Demolition of Boundary Wall Adjacent to Live Electric Western Power Sub-Station.
- Hand Demolition of Boundary Wall Adjacent To Residential Properties/Gardens to the rear of site.
- Removal & Re-use of portakabins.
- Processed and separated materials arising from demolition, all non-crushable arising’s were processed and segregated into masonry and rubbish to various recycling stations.
- Removal of all demolition arising material from site to various recycling stations.
- Below ground boiler room was backfilled with arising 6f2 material in layers.
- Swept off existing ground floor slab leaving free from debris and hazards such as trips or falls.
City Demolition were professional & efficient throughout in the demolition of our site. Fully recommended!
– Managing Director